Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I Would do if E.T. wandered in my Backyard - 12/4/82

My name is Pamela Igelsrud, I am nine years old and I have brown hair, blue eyes and I collect stuffed animals and post cards. I live in Syracuse, New York.

Now you will never believe me, but one night after I came home from the movie "E.T." I saw "E.T." wandering in my backyard. I nearly fainted, but I saw him.

On December 1st, 1981, I had just come home from the movie "E.T." Then my mother asked me what time it was and I said, "It's 7:35, Mom." My father asked me to take my dalmation named "Suzie" outside for a walk in the backyard. Of course you have to be careful outside at nighttime. When I got in the backyard I saw a rabbit and a squirrel run away from the bushes along our house. So, I went over to the bushes to see what was the matter. I nearly fainted and I actually saw "E.T." in person.

Could it have been a dream? No. I don't think anyone would believe me, but I was wrong! The next day I told my friend that I saw "E.T." in my backyard last night and she believed me! I couldn't believe it! Then she asked me what happend and I told her the whole story and she said to me, "Why don't you tell a newspaper reporter this story?" "Well," I said, "I don't think they would believe me. Do you think so?" I guess I should ahve taken her advice, but I was so stupid I told my mother that "E.T." was sleeping in the bushes along side of our house. So, of course the next night she almost killed me because she went out to the backyard with me in the bad winter weather and all we found was a letter from "E.T." saying:

Dear Pamela,
I find you very nice and I am giving you this precious magic wand. It will make you able to turn yourself into anything in the universe.
Love,
E.T.

I hope my mother forgot that.

The next morning my mother couldn't find her drinking glass. So I had to be a drinking glass. I put my hopes up that it would work first, though. I didn't even have to go to school because my mother couldn't find her contacts that she wears everyday. "Pamela Igelsrud at your service." But now, in 1982 of course I go to school. Everytime someone loses something I seem to be the pencil rolling on the floor (or whatever!) The next day at school I felt wierd because I forgot my math book so I had to turn into a math book! And a rolling pencil, a yellow cap eraser and whatever someone was missing.

That night I found another surprise from E.T. He was invisible and living in my closet! No wonder he gave me magic powers so I could do anything in the universe there was to do. I didn't tell anyone this time. So everytime I forgot something or had to go to the bathroom I could do it in less than one second!

I was in luck that week. Everytime I wanted someone to say something, give me something, or even if I wanted the whole world to stop for a second, I could make it happen. Well now I just can do everything. Wait, my mother is calling me. The telephone is ringing. The baby is crying. The doorbell is ringing. Oh! I think this would be a good time to...

STOP!

Thanks to E.T.!

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment